Friday, April 2, 2010

Recipe: YUMMY OREO TRUFFLES


My dear friend, Emily, made these for a book group one day and I about died...of overdose because I couldn't stop eating them! :D They're soooo good. I mean, look down at the ingredients...they're fattening! That's how you know they're going to be delicious. They have the perfect texture and they taste divine.
SO, I thought I'd share the recipe. You're going to have to excuse the photo I took...I had a bit of a battle with white chocolate chips (I could NOT find white almond bark to save my life!) and lost. :D Make them for an event or share them with a neighbor. They're easy and delicious; you'll instantly be popular. :D Enjoy!

YUMMY Oreo Truffles
8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 package of oreos
milk melting chocolates
white melting chocolates

Grind up Oreos until fine (a food processor is best, but a blender works ok too). Mix in cream cheese and vanilla (I use my hands to do this part).
Roll into balls and put in freezer 20-30 min. Coat in melted chocolate (use a toothpick to pick up the balls up and dip into the chocolate), drizzle melted white chocolate on the top (for decoration; make sure to cover up the toothpick holes).
Put them back in the freezer/fridge until they are ready to be served. (If they start to get too warm, the inner Oreo-ness starts to expand and it squeezes out of the hard chocolate coating. It looks odd, so it's best to keep them cold until right before they are eaten.)

2 comments:

Tia Langston said...

I have totally had those and fell in love myself. Overdose is a good word. I may have to make a batch one of these days...when I have a reason to give some away too...or else, ya, I have no will power.

Tamara Lyn said...

lol...yes, I've learned not to make these when it's "that time of the month"...ha! :D Maker beware....