Monday, April 5, 2010

Recipe: Apple Crisp


So I hope you'll pardon my sudden desire to put a recipe a day. :) I realized I've found some really delicious recipes and I'd like to share! There are so many different recipes floating around--and probably some yummier than what I've found--but these are pretty darn good. Take this apple crisp recipe, for example...it's the best apple crisp I've tasted in my 32 years of life! Granted I haven't had a LOT of it, but trust me...it's good. :D
So try it if you'd like, otherwise drool over the picture. HA! :D Bon appetit! :D

Apple Crisp
4 medium apples in the variety of your choice (e.i. Granny Smith
with Fujii, Gala, or Jonagold)
3/4 c all-purpose flour
3/4 to 1 c sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1/3 c to 6 Tbsp chilled butter, cut into small pieces (the recipe
asks for 1/2 c, but I find it's way too much!)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease an 8x8-inch baking dish
2. Peal and core the apples and cut them into thin slices.
Spread the slices in the prepared baking dish.
3. Combine the flour, sugar, and cinnamon (if using) in a medium
bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until the
mixture is crumbly. Spread evenly over the apples.
4. Bake uncovered until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.

To double this recipe, bake it in a 9x13-inch pan for 50 to 60
minutes. Enjoy! Serve warm with ice cream (and caramel sauce for extra deliciousness!). :D

No comments: