Thursday, September 16, 2010

Recipe: Scone Glaze


So back on April 25 I listed a recipe for chocolate chip scones...well PA-LEASE excuse me for not finding a glaze to go with it because it makes a HUGE difference! Super easy and you can whip it up while the scones are baking. Makes the scones that much yummier!

Scone Glaze

1/2 c sifted powder sugar
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp milk (plus some)
1 tsp vanilla

Stir powdered sugar, melted butter, milk, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Add more milk, 1/2 tsp at a time, until drizzling consistency. Spoon or baste over warm scones. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Marco Brown said...

This sounds tasty. Orange butter would be good as well.

JillandMauricio said...

I liked the scones with no glaze. Now I am going to have to make them again!!

Michelle said...

Mmm...the glaze was perfect on these! They are delicious! Thanks again Tamara for sharing. :) You are da bomb.

The Aussie and the Owl said...

I LOVE your blog! So glad I found it - I especially like the post about your 6yr anniversary date. What a creative and fun date!! Congrats you guys!!