Saturday, May 17, 2008

Of Provo and Nature




Yesterday Christian and I went for a walk up the Provo River early in the morning. We started out with jackets and ended up in our shorts and t-shirts as the sun shone brightly and warmed us earlier than I thought it would. The walk was beautiful! There were birds everywhere--much to Christian's delight--and the river and trees were so serene! The silence was only broken by Chrisian's delighted cries, "Birdie!" here and there, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We stopped on a bridge (picture attached) and had a snack and Christian just loved it. So did I. It made me very excited for the Bascom reunion which we'll be having at Bear Lake, UT in July. Yeah! Hooray for nature! It also felt so very refreshing to get out of our apartment, which I have been feeling closterphobic in of late. I just feel so sick that I don't want to go anywhere! And although I felt sick yesterday morning I am so glad we went. It was more than a breath of fresh air.
On our way home from our walk we stopped at the park and Christian played for a while. It was so fun! He is usually very shy but he walked right up to a little girl that was there and started babbling at her. It was precious...He loves the swing (picture also attached). He's such a fun, sweet baby and I am so grateful to have him in our lives!
Our neighbors had us over for dinner last night. I am touched and overwhelmed at the love and support we are receiving! Yeah! I love everybody!

No comments: