Thursday, June 19, 2014

Nissan truck rumbling

So our 2005 Nissan Pathfinder started rumbling at certain points...like when I'd ease my foot off of the accelerator. Felt almost like I was driving over rumble strips.
I googled it one day and the best thing I found was a huge online forum discussing problems people have had with their Nissans. After extensive research I realized Nissan had installed a faulty line between the radiator and transmission, causing the fluids to mix and a whole big mess.
In short, if you have this problem both parts have to be replaced. Call your nearest Nissan dealership and, if that is the problem in the end, they will check it for free. Then you have to pay something, how much depending on how many miles your car has (the more miles, the more you pay). We paid $3,000 to have Nissan repair something that was their fault in the first place, and that was thousands less than it would have been anywhere else (we shopped around). To top off the goodness I'm pretty sure they put in the same exact parts that went bad in the first place.
So how do you know if your Nissan has the problem? If you own a Nissan truck if any sort, especially if it was made in the 2000's, check to see if your transmission fluid and coolant have mixed. The sooner you spot the problem and get it into a Nissan dealership, the better. Here's a good video that shows how.

No comments: