Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dry erase marker on wood!

Elijah, as many 2 year old's would, decided to use a RED dry erase marker on the wood of our poäng chair foot rests and our almost-while carpet.
HEART ATTACK!
That's what I get for trying to teach my 5 yr old to read. :-P
I googled how to remove marker from wood and got all kinds of crazy responses. I didn't want to go buy strange cleaners I'd never heard of so I pondered what to do instead.
Want to know what so easily worked on both problems?

Yep, Dawn dishwashing soap.
 I squirted a little on a rung-out-wet rag and scrubbed. Came out of the carpet, wiped off of the wood.
Wa-la! Like magic I say. Best magical dish soap I've ever had AND safe on wood and carpet. :-)
Now I did this right after he'd drawn on the wood. A different time I didn't notice until a few days later and Dawn didn't work. Instead I squirted a small amount of dry erase marker spray (you know those little squirt bottles to clean dry ease market off of white boards). Wiped right off the wood!
If have this issue, let me know if these solutions work for you, too!

No comments: