Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to me...

So my Mother's Day started like this: with 3 1/2 hours of sleep, my husband kissed me on the cheek and said something to the effect of, "The house is a mess and the kids are being rambunctious, but there's a flower for you on the table." HA! All of it was true, including the beautiful orchid he'd bought me...which was very thoughtful. My mom had bought me the same one (from Costco) after I had Miles...and a couple weeks later, Christian broke the vase. I was so mad he'd broken my mommy's gift I cried. So it made my heart happy that he bought me a new one, especially since I'd already spent around $40 for my own Mother's Day gifts (including the blue GAP cardigan you see in the mirror, hehehe...). :) And Christian had painted me a picture and made me a card at preschool. SO precious.

The best part of the day, however was at church when the primary kids came in to sing to us in Relief Society. Christian saw me, shouted, "Hi, Mommy!" and smiled so big. Then he signed "I love you" and sang so loudly, making sure I was watching him the whole time. I teared up even. ;) He never sings in primary, to the extent that I've been slightly worried. But he knew the words pretty well and sang them so loudly, for both songs. Then, after they were all done, Christian sang again, "Mother dear I love you so, your happy smiling face. It's such a joy to look at....". He'd forgotten the last line but it was my own little solo. ;) He's the sweetest boy and I love him oh so much. :) It was a fabulous Mother's Day!

No comments: