Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ode to Fireflies

I love walking around the apartment complex at dusk because it's when the fireflies come out. There's something so magical about their little lights flashing over the bright bright grass in the dimming light. I love it! I saw a lot in Bermejo, Bolivia, but I can't get enough of them. :D One floated lazily by me--four inches from my face--this evening as I pulled out a few weeds that had popped up in my garden. :D So unabashed and unafraid...such cute little guys, I blew it a kiss. ;)
I'm so grateful for the fireflies in our life. Their light is so small yet can brighten even the darkest, dustiest corners of our hearts.
Thank you, fireflies. :)

2 comments:

A Beautiful Life said...

i've never seen a firefly in real life! cool!

Anonymous said...

Looks like your lovin it!