Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Canada!...Oh, and Happy Birthday to me. :D

SO, I've wanted to check out Canada ever since 1997 when I met a hot guy who was FROM there. He showed me pictures of his green, lush homeland with horses and lots of open space to boot. :) Well, a couple weeks ago I finally got me wish! :D Saturday June 26 I drove to visit my big bro and his family--they're there for a few years for his work--and I went ALONE. :) Alan had been gone for the month before for Officer Training for the Air Force and couldn't leave the country until July 8. And my nephew was baptized Sunday July 27...so I went alone. It was a NICE break. :D I loved it! I've always loved my older brother and he's grown up to be a wonderful husband and father. :)
The following Thursday I dragged my bro and his family down to Washington D.C. :) We had a blast there--saw the Museum of Natural History, the Air and Space Museum, saw the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, Lincoln Memorial, WW II Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, National Monument and saw the fireworks show on the fourth--and we just got back today. They drove their trailer and we camped. Trailer camping is nice, very nice. ;)

Alan and I in front of the White House. Fun times!

Walking around D.C. ~ Christian and Darren holding hands. So precious.
Christian LOVED his cousin, Darren--they're the same age--and everyone gets along really well. SO! tomorrow we're driving up to Canada...again. HA! My brother has a kayak and wants to take it out this weekend. Fun times. ;)
On a side note it's my birthday today. I'm 32. Alan took me to Medieval Times on Monday to celebrate and my sis-in-law took me shopping as a gift. A VERY nice gift, indeed. :) I wanted to cry it was so sweet! :D I just love them. Aaaawwwwwwww....

2 comments:

The Robinson's said...

Happy Birthday Tamara!!

You've been having way too much fun! I'm so jealous. I've been to Canada when I was like 15 and it was the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

Now if I can only go to all the other places you have been this past week. That would be awesome!

So do tell who was the HOT guy?

Keep on having a good time!!

~Juanita

Tamara Lyn said...

Canada is beautiful! :D Almost as beautiful as Pennsylvania. :) I think the east coast is just plain perty. ;)
The hot guy was someone in my ward when I lived in Provo (in 1997-1999). His name was Justin but I didn't get to know much more than that he was from Canada because he moved back home soon after I got there in 1997. :) He missed a girl he'd left behind...DARN! :D HA!