Sunday, May 2, 2010

Recipe: Honey Popcorn


My mom used make this yummy popcorn for us for family night (Monday night). We'd beg for it every time because it was our favorite treat!
I made it for girl's night last night and it's still delish. :D
It's good (much better than caramel corn, I think) and super easy!

Honey Popcorn
1 c sugar
1/2 c honey
1/2 c butter

Pop 1 1/2 c popcorn kernels and place in large bowl. (I don't have a popcorn popper so I use two bags of light microwave popcorn.) Make sure no unpopped kernels get inside of bowl.
Place ingredients in medium saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat. It will eventually begin to boil...boil to hard ball stage on candy thermometer (260 degrees) or for about 5-6 minutes. Pour over popcorn. Stir until popcorn is well coated (AVOID getting on your skin! It sticks and is very, very hot!). Form into balls or any other shape you want (or leave in the bowl, but it's harder to grab some and you'll end up with a huge mound of rock hard yumminess at the bottom). It will become very hard when cooled. Serve warm (which is my favorite) or cool. ENJOY the yumminess!

2 comments:

JillandMauricio said...

oh you have yet to taste my caramel corn!!

Tamara Lyn said...

I'm game! Send me the recipe, baby! :D Have you tried this honey popcorn??? I'm curious to see what you think! :D