Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Recipe: Whipped Cream Frosting



So there are a lot of different recipes for whipped cream, but I've used those to make my own. I can't stand frosting, it's normally tooooooo sweet! But I love this frosting because it's light and delicious!
I LOOOOVE to make this with double-layered cakes...with pudding in between the layers! To use pudding, add only half the milk that it calls for.
Try it out!

Whipped Cream Frosting

4 Tbsp flour
1 c milk
1 c shortening
1 c sugar (or less, you can use as little as 1/2 cup)
1 tsp vanilla

Cook milk and flour in small saucepan on low heat until it turns into a thick paste. Stick pan in refrigerator to cool. Beat shortening and sugar about 4 minutes or until it looks like whipped butter. Gradually add flour paste mixture. Continue beating 5 minutes. Add vanilla and beat 1 minute more. Will frost two 8 inch cakes or sheet cake.
Yum.

Tip: To get the smooth look with any frosting, get the knife wet. It works! :D

No comments: