Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So fruity


I have been having so much fun with fruit lately! I found a market less than a mile away from our house that has fresh fruits and vegetables at incredibly low prices! They also have an excellent Mexican food section with fresh tortillas and any ingredient you could ever want. It's nice to find a place that has affordable groceries! :D I've been using my Blendtec every day, sometimes up to three times. The boys love the green smoothies I make--it's taken awhile to figure out what fruits do and don't mesh well together--and I'm so happy to give them a "treat" that's so healthy! Alan and I think they're delicious as well, so for the first time in the 5 1/2 years we've been married we're finally eating all the fruits and veggies we need.
My goal is to learn to make my own garden and grow as many of my own fruits and vegetables as possible. I want to follow the square foot gardening method (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1591862027/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER). It's organized and all around seems just perfect for me. We just need to stop moving around so much, first! :D
Speaking of moving...we're definitely moving to Pennsylvania. University of Washington finally decided to boot Alan off the wait list and reject him. ;) It's okay b/c he has always felt good about PA...It's just good to know for sure that there's not another option. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your moving so far away! But what a fun adventure! And YUM YUM for the fruit, my kids love fruit smoothies!

Hev said...

Those fruit smoothies sound great!! What do you use to make them? I have never heard of it before. I would love to make something so healthy :)
When are you leaving for PA? Are you excited?! Miss you lots and wish you weren't far away!! Love you! Hev