Wednesday, November 26, 2008

36 weeks already?!


I can't believe I'm already 36 weeks pregnant! This has been the longest pregnancy in the history of the world and now the delivery date seems too soon. On Tuesday I was dialated 1 cm and 75% effaced. I laughed...My first cervical exam with Christian was when I was 37 1/2 weeks along. I was dialated 1 cm and was 75% effaced. Well, that night I went to sleep and awoke at 3 a.m. for my nightly pee and my water broke! HA! Alan and I were joking that my water would break last night. THANK GOODNESS it didn't! At least at 37 1/2 weeks Christian was considered full-term (and boy was he at 8 lbs 5 oz). I don't want a premature baby...I just hope Miles waits to come when my mom is here. We decided to fly her out as a Christmas present to her and us. ;) It'll give me peace of mind knowing she'll be here for the birth to help watch Christian and to help out and just be here so I don't have to be alone while Alan works or is at school (if he comes before the 19th). Oh, I'm so happy she's coming! I kept telling Alan, "I want my mommy!" and he finally caved. ;) She and my dad drove out for a week when Chrstian was born and I loved it. When they left I literally bawled and said, "I want my mom and dad!" (I had the baby blues for 2 weeks, okay.) :) They helped so much. Without them I wouldn't have eaten! :D Thank goodness for family!

No comments: