Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Recipe: Spicy Cheese Surprise Burgers


I've been wanting to get back on here to share more recipes, but with the move and traveling around and getting settled I haven't gotten into a good dinner routine...
Until now. This recipe sounds scary, I know, and it doesn't look super pretty but it's soooo good. I'm not much of a spicy food lover, and this is SPICY (depending on how spicy the picante sauce is you use). So if you shy away from spiciness, stay away from this. If you love it or can stand it sometimes, try this out and let me know how it goes! :D

Spicy Cheese Surprise Burgers
Serves 4
1 lb ground beef
4 slices cheddar cheese
1/2 c picante sauce
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce

Shape ground beef into 8 (3 1/2") patties. Place 1 slice cheese on top of four of the patties. Top each with remaining patties; press edges to seal. In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned; drain excess fat. Mix picante sauce and tomato sauce in a small bowl and pour over patties. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until heated.
I sprinkle cheese on top (because...well...I love cheese) as it heats and serve over rice.
YUM.

Recipe by Joyce Grohmann

No comments: