Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bike Riding







Saturday Alan, Christian and I rode from our apartment to Bridal Veil Falls. On the way we found the BIGGEST dandelion I have ever seen! Christian tried to blow on it but nothing happened. HA! It was a 10 mile ride there--uphill--and 10 miles back--downhill. It took us two hours to get there and 1/2 an hour to get back. HA! I lugged Christian behind me on his bike seat and Alan rode his new bike. I am so glad for his new bike! We have taken many family rides since he found it for $250 at Costco. Man, I love Costco. Anyway, the ride was very fun! There was a Provo Run that same day and we passed over a hundred runners going the opposite direction as us. We had fun hooting and cheering them on. Most smiled and some looked at us like we're crazy, but it was still very fun. :) We couldn't spend much time at the falls area because Alan volunteers at the hospital across the street from 11a.m. - 1 p.m. every Saturday. He's a busy boy. :) It was fun family time!
I am 12 weeks along in my pregnancy and ready to stop barfing! It makes it difficult to clean my home and almost impossible to cook food. I am guessing it'll go away at 16+ weeks like it did with Christian. I prayed for Alan and I to have more empathy...or sympathy with each other (my constant sickness and his busy-tiredness). Well, last night Alan threw up a couple times and I thought, "Man. The Lord sure does answer prayers in mysterious ways!" He's been feeling weak and sickly all day (poor boy). He has had more sympathy for me now...It'll probably only last a couple days until he forgets how much it sucks. :)
Christian is so dang cute. Those without kids will understand one day...You just love everything thing they do! It's all so precious! :) I've added a video of when I caught Christian reading to himself on the Lazy Boy in his room one day. He stopped babbling and started cheesing it up for the camera once he saw me. I love these rare, precious moments when he'll go off and play by himself. He's usually following me around the apartment. :) Man, I just love him!

No comments: