Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Moving STINKS

SO I love changing locations, moving from one state to another. It's fun meeting new people, discovering what each area has to offer and observing each state's culture. The people around here, for example, WORSHIP the St Louis Cardinals (the pro baseball team for those of you who don't know, and if you don't know, DON'T tell anyone from around here b/c they'll string you up by your toes). They also smile and wave and bring you baked goods. At least in my cozy bubble on this side of the Mississippi River.
We've thoroughly enjoyed the free zoo and science center in St Louis and ample good eatin'. We've lived in Bolivia (MYSELF) and the Phillippines (HUBBY) and the four corners of the U.S. and fully adjusted to each locale. The only thing that's been different here in the greater St Louis area has been...we BOUGHT a HOUSE. Our first home.
It's cute and conveniently easy to maintain. I love it. The only BAD is that NOW I carry the stress of trying to sell it.
We have orders to JAPAN. Yay!!!! Okinawa, no less, the Hawai'i of the Orient. Beaches! Sushi! Beaches!! We are stoked. I can't be fully excited, however, until we get this house sold. It's been on the market less than a week and I'm worried. WORRIED. It's all I can think about. Will it sell? Will it sell in TIME or will we be stuck with a mortgage payment after we've left the country? Will it sell too early, resulting in us being booted from our home before we have to leave? Will the boys break the house in half so we can't even sell it (sometimes I truly wonder). 
I didn't want to buy a home in the first place! For this very reason. 
The biggest turn off is that our house doesn't have a basement. Buyers want basements.
Because this is "tornado alley".
Why they'd want a house to fall on TOP of them, trapping them inside, instead of around them is beyond me. But it's what most want.
So I'll continue to PRAY it will sell. Because there will be others like me...
...who don't want an extra dark, dreary space to clean...
...with a foundation that cracks...
...with water that leaks...
...and SPIDERS galore...
...that uses so much electricity to dehumidify...
...and a sump pump (whatever that is)...
...and sewage backup.
Right?

No comments: