Friday, November 20, 2015

Kamikaze crayon crawl into your dryer?

Did a crayon crawl in the dryer with your laundry (or a loved one's, c'mon, this is serious), melting all over the clothes? This is a worst laundry nightmare case scenario, but don't you dare turn those clothes into to rags (unless you don't really like them).
This happened to me but a week ago and, since there were some of favorites ing the load and the crayon was RED, I plead for help on facebook (since everything you read on facebook is true).
There are lots of crazy ideas on the internet on how to get crayon out, but I tried one and only one method and it worked! I mean, it's a straight up miracle.
This is only a little of the aftermath from the kamikaze crayon.
First you need a good dish soap. I used Dawn. Rub a little bit on each spot of crayon, making sure the whole spot is saturated. On big people clothes, this may take awhile.
Secondly, fill a tub (big enough to hold the clothes) with the ,hottest possible tap water and soak the clothes for 1 to 2 hours.
Lastly, wash the clothes on the hottest cycle with a liquid stain removal laundry soap--I used Tide--and dry as usual.

WA-LA! Every piece of crayon was gone, except the one spot I'd missed with dish soap on a pair of pants. I air dried them, started over with step 1 and it came out.

Now if it rubbed all over the inside of your dryer I can't help you. Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with that...yet.

No comments: