Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pee Stain on Mattress Magic

So over the years we've acquired two twin size memory foam mattress pads. They're usually about $100 each but we got both for free. They transform the boys' okay mattresses into slices of cloud heaven to sleep on.
Tonight I discovered that one of them had a pee stain. A PEE STAIN! Well I was not happy about that so I went online to see what I could do about it and what do I discover? The mad scientist cure for pee stains on mattresses. I'm sure it could work on white cloth couches, too.
Put away your mad scientist gloves and safety goggles b/c the solution is easy and non-toxic.

1/2 c hydrogen peroxide
1 1/2 Tbsp baking soda
drop of liquid dish soap

Place ingredients in spray bottle but DON'T MIX. Spray onto mattress. Stain will lift within 15 minutes. Seriously, like magic. Just vacuum away any leftover powder and wa-la!
Now buy one of those vinyl mattress cover that cost $5 at Wal-Mart so you don't have to feel the need to pull out the mad scientist gear again. :)

Yeeeeeer welcome.

No comments: