Monday, June 22, 2009

Storm to end all storms

Today there was a CRAZY storm! The thunder cracked so loudly outside my window it actually startled me! :) The wind blew so strongly I thought the tree outside my window was going to touch the ground it bent over so much and the rain fell so hard...like someone was pouring buckets of water on the ground. It was, like I said, CRAZY. :) I got some video on my camcorder. It was seriously cool, I liked it...But the thunder woke Christian up from his nap, so I didn't like that. :D
But the heavy rainfall reminded me of Cochabamba, Bolivia. When we'd be up on the mountain we could look over and SEE the storm coming. The rain was so heavy it looked like a sheet attached to the cloud...coming straight toward us. It was cool! Cochabamba's sky was so pretty!
Anyway, it was pretty exciting. Visions of Cumming, GA being on the news...hit by Hurricane Lamoni or Lucy or whatever. I guess that much damage would be bad. There's a lot of leaves and stuff on the ground as it is...I feel really bad for the landscapers because for decoration here they make a big pile of dead pine needles around all the tree trunks (sounds odd, but it actually looks pretty cool)...There are a lot of decorative trees...Poor guys. :)
Anyway, thought I'd share.
I've attached a picture of Miles trying to catch the rays of light that danced on the wall beside his changing table. SO PRECIOUS. :)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey, how's it going over there? What do you guys have planned for the 4th? Will Alan be working?

Tamara Lyn said...

Hey!! All is well, though I am working as the Sales Office Manager from home so it's been crazy busy. Sorry we just kind of fell off the face of the earth! I want to have you over for dinner, though, some time soon...On a Sunday, probably. The fourth? Alan and I will be working in the morning. What are your plans?

Unknown said...

Hey friend! Remember me?! I found you through Hillary's blog and took a peek! It looks like you are doing great and your boys are DARLING! I'm excited to keep in touch through blogs.

AmyB said...

Welcome to the south baby! Eric thought we were goping to float away in his first southern rain storm. I love it!